Western Neurology, PLLC is dedicated to providing the highest quality patient care.
- Kan Yu, MD, PhD attended the Medical school at 18 years old, and became a heart surgeon when he was 23 years old. He did 5 years of open heart surgery at the University Hospital.
- He subsequently obtained the PhD degree in the cardiovascular physiology, School of Medicine, University of Florida.
- He has done over 10 years of academic Neuroscience research, including several years of research at the Department of Pharmacology, UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Texas. He has published many peer-reviewed papers.
- Board certified in Neurology.
- Fellowship-trained in EEG, NCV / EMG, and Botox injection for headache, spasticity and dystonia.
- "Top Ten Neurologists" in Arizona by the "Vitals.com" in 5/2014. only 1% physicians receive it.
- "Patient's Choice" award 5 years in a row, since 2008. 5 years Honoree! Of the nation's 720,000 active physicians, only 5% were accorded with this honor by their patients in 2011. Dr. Yu received this prestigious award the very next year after he started his practice in Phoenix AZ area in July 2007.
- "America's Top Physician" award in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.
- highly ranked Neurologist on the www.healthgrades.com, and www.vitals.com . He has the largest number of positive patients feedback among all the neurologists in Arizona, even though he has only started his practice in Phoenix Arizona area since July 2007.
- America's "Most Compassionate Doctor" award. 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014. Only 3% doctors out of the 720,000 active physicians in the nation received this award in 2011.
- "Golden Thread Award" 2012 from Mercy Gilbert Medical Center in 3/2012: "For your dedication to our patients, for your Servant's Heart and your Healing Hands "
- Cigna Care Physician designation on 1/1/2015.
- www.betterdoctor.com, www.amwell.com: Dr. Yu is one of the best ranked doctors in the US according to the website. https://betterdoctor.com/kan-yu-md-phd
- the top Botox provider in the state,
Western Neurology PLLC provides neurological care for many neurological conditions, including but not limited to:
- Botox injection: chronic migraine headache, dystonia, spasticity, etc.
- ALS, GBS,
- Alzheimer Dementia, memory loss,
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome,
- Fibromyalgia, chronic pain syndrome,
Headaches and Migraines,
- Neck pain, Back Pain,
- Multiple Sclerosis,
- Myasthenia gravis,
- Myopathy, Neuropathy,
- Pain, joints pain, trigger points injections, nerve blocks, etc.
Parkinson's Disease, and Tremors,
- Restless Leg Syndrome,
- Sleep disorders: OSA, insomnia, etc.
- Stroke, spasticity,
Trigeminal neuralgia, and facial pain.